Chakalaka potatoes are easy to make, and forms a great side dish for a braai. Here’s how to go about making the dish.
1. What you need
- ½ a bag of baby potatoes – washed
- 150ml plain yoghurt
- Lemon pepper, Aromat or some other for of spice to add flavour.
- 285g can of diced mushrooms – drained
- 215g can of chakalaka
- 25 – 30ml chutney
- Loads of cheese – any you prefer.
2. What to do
- Place potatoes in a plastic bag, close the bag, and microwave on high for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Once done, take them out of the microwave, and allow them to cool.
- Half the potatoes.
- Place potatoes in an oven-safe dish with a lid.
- Create a sauce by combining all the other ingredients (apart from the cheese) in a mixing bowl.
- Pour sauce over the potatoes, and then add the cheese.
- Place dish in oven for 25 – 30 minutes on 180°C. Alternatively, you can do the same in a microwave. Simply place everything in a microwave-safe dish, and microwave on high for around 15 minutes.