Honda SA and Subaru SA have confirmed that all nationwide dealerships have resumed operations.
This is after The Minister of Trade, Industry and Competition, Mr. Ebrahim
Patel announced that certain trading activities on vehicles will be permitted during Alert Level 4.
“The health and safety of our customers and staff is of paramount importance” says Dinesh Govender, General Manager of Honda Motor Southern Africa.” We would like to ensure our customers that Honda dealerships nationwide will implement strict hygiene and safety measures to minimise the spread of Covid-19″.
Honda dealerships across the country will implement the following safety measures:
- Customers are required to make an appointment before visiting a dealership
- All staff and customers are to wear a cloth face mask
- Sanitisation procedures at all sites will be strictly applied to ensure that all work surfaces, equipment and cars on the floor are disinfected before the dealership is opened, and regularly cleaned during the working period;
- Social distancing protocols will be maintained at all times
Also in line with the latest regulations, Subaru Southern Africa and its dealer network is open. Subaru says the safety of its employees and customers is of utmost importance and a number of measures have been implemented across their dealer network to ensure the highest levels of hygiene. The measures below are essential to reduce the risk of spreading the virus when our employees are interacting with customers.
- All staff and visitors will be required to undergo mandatory screening upon entry to all dealerships.
- Face masks are compulsory for all visitors and customers.
- All visitors and staff are required to sign a register for tracing purposes.
- No children are permitted access to dealerships.
- A 2-metre distance will always be maintained between all people.
- Entry to all dealerships will be strictly by appointment or emergency.
- Customers are encouraged to use the website, email or telephone to book test drives and services or to enquire about vehicles.
- Dealers will implement home deliveries, test drives and trade-in evaluations where possible.
- All cars will be sanitised before/after every test drive or home delivery.
All Subaru dealer facilities and vehicles will be disinfected on a regular basis.