From the end of May 2023, the new Volkswagen Amarok Single Cab will be available at dealerships around South Africa.
On the 18th of March 2023, the latest double cab Amarok began retailing in South Arica. Since then, Volkswagen has already sold 710 units to the local market. Two months later, the popular manufacturers are extending their range in the South African market by including the workhorse-focused single cab.
Head of Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Mark Handley, speaking on the introduction of the single cab model, said, “We are pleased to be extending the new Amarok range to include the Single Cab; the workhorse of the range. The Amarok Single Cab is a key model for increasing our volumes and market share in the rental and corporate segments as well as supporting our Sub- Saharan Africa growth plan by retailing in key African markets.”
Two engine options are available in the Amarok Single Cab:
2.0 TDI 110kW.
- Four-cylinder engine with a 5-speed manual transmission
- Power: 110 kW
- Torque: 350 Nm.
- Top speed: 170km/h
- Fuel consumption: 6.9 litres/100km (claimed)
2.0 TDI 125kW.
- Four-cylinder engine with a 6-speed manual transmission
- Power: 125 kW
- Torque of 405 Nm.
- Top speed: 180km/h
- Fuel consumption on the 2.0 TDI 125kW is 6.9 litres/100km, while the consumption on the 2.0 TDI 125kW with 4MOTION is 7.1 litres/100km.
Recommended Retail Price (VAT and emissions tax included):
- Amarok Single Cab 2.0 TDI 110kW 5-speed manual: R499 000
- Amarok Single Cab 2.0 TDI 125kW 6-speed manual: R575 000
- Amarok Single Cab 2.0 TDI 125kW 4MOTION 6-speed manual: R646 000
Warranty and Service Plan:
The new Volkswagen Amarok Single Cab comes standard with a 4-year/ 120 000km warranty and a 6-year anti-corrosion warranty. The 125kW models include a 3 year/ 60 000km Easy Drive Service Plan. The service interval for all models is 15 000km.