The bi-annual trade show has kicked off in Johannesburg with 2013 seeing over 500 exhibitors from all over the world. The show is one of 12 global Automechanika trade shows held for the past 25 years under the auspices of Messe Frankfurt of German.
Several conferences and workshops are offered alongside the exhibitions, centering this year around the retail motor industry, Truck Competence, the collision repair industry, automotive workshops, engine remanufacturing and fuel.
Highlights at this year’s show include, according to organisers:
- The ideal opportunity to initiate new business relationships and to renew existing ones.
- The wide range of products and the high number of exhibitors make it easy to compare the various offerings.
- It is a showcase for new and improved products and services.
- The environment is ideal for obtaining an overall impression of the state of the automotive aftermarket in Africa with specialist knowledge available on many of the stands as well as at the conferences and workshops.
- There are also many franchise and distribution opportunities available for the expansion or restructuring of one’s business.
The event is structured in a variety of categories:
- Parts and Systems
- Accessories and Tuning
- Repair and Maintenance
- IT and Management
- Service Station and Car Wash
- Safari and Off-Road Vehicles.
Entry at the gate costs R50 but entrance is free if you pre-register on www.automechanikasa.co.za. Those who pre-register also qualify to go into the draw for some big prizes, including a R50 000 Snap On tool kit. Pre-registration also provides access to a computerised matchmaking system which matches buyers to exhibitors and enables the scheduling of business appointments.
The show closes Saturday the 11th of May 2013.