The Citroën C4 Aircross: Coming soon
Early next month, this little number will be launched into the South African market. The French automaker’s answer to Nissan’s highly successful Qashqai, the Aircross is a “new take on compact SUVs”. This, according to Citroën themselves.
First seen at Geneva this year, it was debuted alongside the Peugeot 4008 – both based on the Mitsubishi ASX
Here’s an overview (from info available so far) of what we’ll be seeing:
– Underneath all that pretty design, it’s a Mitsubishi ASX
– Multi-link suspension
– Engines: Rumours include 1.6 and 2.0 petrol engine, as well as a diesel mill
– 18 inch wheels
– No word on transmission yet; expect an auto-6, perhaps?
– Three driving modes: 4-wheel drive, 2-wheel drive or “lock mode”, which supposedly increases grip
– we suspect 2-wheel drive only versions to be available as well
– Vehicle: 4.34m long, 1.79m wide, 1.63m high
– Turning Circle: 10.6m turning circle
– Luggage space: 400+ litres
No details yet, but price-wise we expect something in the R250 000 – 350 000 bracket, spread across the derivatives.
I want to know more!
Well, you will – soon! One of our trusty petrolheads will be attending the launch, so watch this space for more news!