Nothing says “off-road” better than the best loved four-wheeler vehicle of them all, the iconic Land Rover.
And what better than the classic older generation – the Series 1,2 & 3.
LR Classic, which is far more than simply a fan club, will be hosting the LR Series Fest in Gauteng, South Africa, from Friday 5 to Sunday 7 April 2019 (Entry fee: R500 per vehicle).
Hosted by LRclassic.com and sponsored by Leimer’s Land Rover, this new event for original Land Rover Series vehicles will be held at the site of the Rust de Winter All-Wheel Drive Club’s terrain.
All other Landies and day visitors (entry fee: R60 per vehicle; unlimited occupants) are welcome.
Participants, who will be camping on site for the weekend, will be taking part in a host of activities designed to test the abilities of man and machine – some historic (Landies) and some just ancient (owners).
- 4×4 track for Series (leaf spring) vehicles only – challenging, but not too difficult and not a vehicle destroyer.
- Fun competitions that will involve a co-driver
- Series fun activities including “start with crank”. This will be a timed event, promising great fun for competitors and spectators alike.
- Radio-controlled 4×4 models on purpose-built track
- Series vehicle exhibition
- Leimer’s Land Rover exhibit for vehicle service, spares and accessories
- Exhibitor stalls for after-market accessories and equipment
- Appraisal of Series entries
- Bring-and-braai on Saturday evening
- Prize giving
Festival activities running all weekend include food stalls, a beer tent for over-18s and a pool and playing area for the kids.
Tickets for day visitors cost R60.00 per vehicle (unlimited occupants)
As the event is expected to attract a huge entry, interested Series owners are advised to book early.
Contact Johan Kriek on 083 305 8083 or email [email protected]
- More information at www.lrclassic.com
- Lots of prizes and lucky draws are up for grabs, including a brand new SuperWinch